Foods for Health — January 8, 2018
Save the Date: May 16-17, 2018, 2nd Annual Ohio Mass Spectrometry and Metabolomics Symposium
The two-day symposium will be held at the Blackwell Inn in Columbus, Ohio, on May 16-17, 2018. Building on the success of the May 2017 joint meeting, the 15th Ohio Mass Spectrometry Symposium and the 2nd Conference on Food and Nutritional Metabolomics for Health will again be held jointlyto provide an opportunity for academic and industrial researchers in the region to present their findings, share information, discuss research challengeswith colleagues, and spark new collaborations in the rapidly advancing fields of metabolomics and mass spectrometry.
The conference agenda will include:
- Plenary sessions in Food and Nutritional Metabolomics, Multi-omics for Health, Advances inMass Spectrometry, and NMR- and MS-based Metabolomics
- Keynote speakers Debashis Ghosh (Colorado School of Public Health), Jonathan Sweedler (U. of Illinois Urbana Champaign), Robert Powers (U. Nebraska), and Colin Kay (NCSU)
- Invited speakers include Morgan Cichon (OSU), Emmanuel Hatzakis (OSU), Jiangjiang (Chris) Zhu (Miami U), Arpad Somogyi (OSU), Hao Chen (Ohio U.), Jessica Cooperstone (OSU), Verena Kriechbaumer (Oxford Brookes U.), Rich Bruno (OSU), Michael Bailey (OSU), Jalal Siddiqui (OSU), and Brian Ahmer (OSU)
- Oral presentations and poster session (submitted abstracts)
- Opportunities for academia-industry interaction
- Evening reception May 16
- Facility tours upon request
Visit go.osu.edu/omsms2018 for conference information and links to registration and abstract submission.
INTRODUCTION TO METABOLOMICS TUTORIAL
Free online modules provide an overview of metabolomics, based on presentation by Ohio State metabolomics researchers at May 2017 conference. Modules are available at go.osu.edu/tutorial.