Grants funded by the Foods for Health Discovery Theme:
The FFH Seed Grant Competition is a university-wide initiative with a primary goal of advancing the use of metabolomics-based technology in food and nutrition research for the improvement of global health.
FFH Research Team Grants support multi-college teams of researchers in the development of ideas to further a common research interest advancing the Foods for Health mission. A maximum of $10,000 is available to support up to five research teams in 2017-18, with a $2,000 maximum budget to support the development of each new collaboration. Examples of use of funds include, but are not limited to: team meetings, hosting seminar speakers, conducting a workshop or mini-symposium, and/or hiring a facilitator. Creative ideas are welcome!
Postdoctoral Researcher Awards
Graduate Student Awards
Other Internal Funding Opportunities
NIH Funding Opportunities
- Applying Metabolomics to Drive Biomarker Discovery in Symptom Science, NIH: R21, Standard Dates Apply
- Applying Metabolomics to Drive Biomarker Discovery in Symptom Science,NIH: R01, Standard Dates Apply
- Advancing Translational and Clinical Probiotic/Prebiotic and Human Microbiome Research, NIH: R01, Standard Dates Apply
- Exploratory Research for Technology Devleopment (PAR-17-046), NIH: R21, Standard Dates Apply
- Focused Technology Research and Development (PAR-17-045), NIH: R01, Standard Dates Apply
Grant Writing and Proposal Development
If you have a research idea or proposal, we can assist with the identification of potential sponsors and with proposal development. We will also facilitate building collaborative teams to address specific research interests. Comprehensive listing of resources related to funding sources and proposal development: go.osu.edu/funding
Funding Opportunity Databases
The following databases and resources are kept up-to-date by their respective organizations, including the National Science Foundation and The Ohio State University Office of Research.