All NeuroNights sessions are from 6:30PM to 7:30PM, and hosted online. Recorded presentations are available to watch any time.
Healthy Relationships & Intimacy after Brain Injury
Building and strengthening relationships takes work, especially after injury or illness. Our experts will help guide you to understand how to renew and recover your relationships, sexuality, and intimacy.
- September 3: Workshop with Lisa Batchos, PhD
- September 10: Patient Education with Mallory Kasper, DPT
- September 17: Social Night!
Companion & Support Animals
Animals all around us can help improve our mood, social connections, and more. Ohio State researchers studying human-animal interactions, and our support animal programs will show you how your family pet, farm animals, trained therapy dogs, or even that pesky squirrel in your backyard can keep us happy and stress free.
- October 1: Workshop with Kelly George, PhD
- October 8: Patient Education with Buckeye Paws
- October 15: Social Night!
Family Approaches for Social Wellness
Family dynamics can always be challenging after injury, especially as we physically distance - but we're all in this together! Learn how to help one another through difficult times from our psychologists and social workers.
- November 5: Workshop with Christine Koterba, PhD (Nationwide Children's Hospital) & Kristen Hildebrandt (Disability Rights Ohio)
- November 12: Patient Education with Joy Omslaer, LISW
- November 19: Social Night!
Sports & Intensity for Physical Wellness
Staying fit through regular exercise can help you recover stronger and faster. Learn how to best challenge yourself through intense physical activity, and how we adapt our senses during recovery .
- December 3: Workshop with Jaclyn Caccese, PhD
- December 10: Patient Education with Meredith Banhos, DPT
- December 17: Social Night!
NeuroNights is supported by funds raised from the Brain Injury Awareness 5K Run & 1 Mile Walk.
Sign up for this year's race here: https://go.osu.edu/brainrun